Manic Monday Sans Hair Tutorial

Ok so I know there was supposed to be a hair tutorial today, however I have some rather exciting news! If you didn't watch my video from the weekend where I essentially had a mental break down (don't worry I'm over it already) then you didn't hear. If you did watch it, thanks, but you already know what is coming.

I AM STARTING COSMETOLOGY SCHOOL TOMORROW!

As you can tell I'm uber duber excited about it. I should have done this forever ago. I actually started once. I was accepted, has a small scholarship and everything and then I moved to California and the school, even though they had one in LA, they wouldn't transfer the scholarship and I would have had to reapply. Then it was too far of a drive, yada yada. So I never went. I did my traditional blah blah blah and now 5 years later I'm finally doing it. So I want to wait and kind of use Make Up Monday's to impart on you the wisdom of what I am learning in school.



I have to wear all black, which you'd think wouldn't be an issue for me because I basically look like I am going to a funeral all the time. I raided Lydia Deets' closet ok? But seriously I have to go out and buy pants and shirts because I have actually toned down my black as of late. Literally, I've made a joint effort to not buy black clothing and now it is biting me in the ass. They will give me one school shirt and a smock to wear but that's it. So basically I am going to be wearing nothing but leggings for the next year. WOO!

So yeah basically I've spent the weekend combing my mom's closet and my gram even tried to get me to wear some of her "old lady clothes" but I ended up going to Kohl's because my grams had a ton of coupons and they had their Father's Day Sale so t-shirts were like $6 a piece and I got one pair of workout pants that were black. I figured they'd be comfy and I would get double use out of them later. I'm super annoyed because I asked if I could wear tights and shorts and they guy had no clue but he was like "shorts, dresses or skirts have to come below the knee." So I asked if I wore opaque black tights under it would that be ok and he kind of studdered like he didn't know. So I'm going to wear black tights with black shorts and a black shirt and be like "what up, is this cool?" He also said no heels. Heels? Really? You think I'm going to stand on my feet for 6+ hours doing hair in heels. You are joking right? I had a good chuckle over that.



I also already made a friend. Granted she's almost done with her program but she saw me come back multiple days and introduced herself and said she would introduce me to more people tomorrow. I have been dying all week with excitement and I'm so glad it is finally here. I'll only be going from 8:30-2:30 T-S with my weekend being Sun/Mon, which is perfect for me. I can still do Family Day on Sunday and then I have a weekday to do like doctor appointments or whatever. That schedule allows me to go 30 hours a week and still hold a part time job. Woo!

What have you put off that you've always wanted to do?
Do you think you'll ever do it? Why did you put it off?

2 comments :

  1. Wow congrats! Sounds like the perfect thing for you. I'm glad you're already getting to know people. That'll make that much more enjoyable.
    Hmm.. I'm not sure what I'm putting off that Ive always wanted to do. Write or craft? Maybe. I've been neglecting both of those former hobbies lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, congrats!!!
    When I lived in Belgium I actually did it for a year in high school, and you would be surprised how many prissy girls do it in heels! After one year I quit to pursue graphic design, but if I could do it now, here in California, I would in a heart beat!

    ReplyDelete

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!