Wednesday Want List: Camera Accessories

Now since purchasing my baby I've decided I want to buy other things for it. No, not like lenses and stuff even though I do have some of those in mind but other fashion-y things. I promise.

Wednesday Want List: Camera Accessories

1. Rose in Coral by Jo Totes | 2. Brooklyn in Blush by Epiphanie | 3. Chevron Camera Strap by SewTamz
4. Skull Polka Dot Strap by FunkyMutt | 5. Turquoise Flower Cap Saver by MOD | 6. The Bokeh Kit

I have a camera bag but when I bought it I wasn't thinking of fashion or comfort I was just thinking "I need something to house my camera when it isn't in use and something to protect it when I'm out and about taking pictures or when I'm in the photo pit at a show.  So here are some things that will come in handy.

  1. I love Jo Tote's camera bags. They are ridiculously cute and very on trend with the latest fashions. They are reasonably affordable (at $89 + S&H) because let's face it camera bags, the good ones, are expensive just like the camera it houses. But my favorite part are the colors the bags come in. I could easily buy one of every color in the same style and have a hard time picking one to use consistently. I have had my eye on the Rose in Coral for the longest time. I plan on purchasing this one next payday and I'll have it in time to take to my family reunion.
  2. I also love Epiphanie bags. If you follow me on twitter I am always trying to win one of those babies. I know that eventually I will need a backpack style camera bag. The Brooklyn comes in a few different colors but I like it in Blush because this color is unique. I've never seen another camera bag in this color. Mint, Teal, Black, various shades of pink, blue, red, gray and yellow can be found at any number of camera bag manufacturers but this? Yeah, it's not likely you'll find one. $224
  3. The next thing I didn't bother to upgrade was my camera strap. I use the generic Nikon strap it comes with and it's very uncomfortable and rubs against your neck. But hey, it came with the camera, I didn't spend more for it so why complain? I'll just buy a cuter, more comfy one. I love that you can get just a strap cover from Sew Tamz or you can get a whole strap with a lens keeper. I've never misplaced a lens cap but I can see how easy it would be for people to lose them. Especially when I'm shooting a concert. This particular one is reversible - so it's like having two. If you get bored with one color just flip it over! $20-$40 (full straps cost more than strap covers)
  4. Would I be me without including something skull related? Of course not. I really, REALLY like this fabric. In fact I think this is my winner. This is from an Etsy shop and they also make dog collars. You know, if you're into that sort of thing. ;) $22
  5. Now if I do go with the skull strap the shop owner doesn't make lens cap holders so I'll need something else a little more decorative. I love this flower lens strap from Mod. I am pretty much into teal/ turquoise these days but if I get that red and black and white strap I'll need something a little more color friendly. It comes in black, red and white as well. Then there is a silver skull one but I feel like that might be going too over board, yes? They are only $16.50 so why not get a bunch?
  6. Last thing on my list are cool filters. "The Bokeh Kit consists of 21 black filters, which resemble stencils with various shaped cut-outs including airplanes, butterflies and paw prints. The filters simply attach to your DSLR camera lens with an elastic band.  The entire Bokeh Kit costs only about $25 and also comes with a blank sheet for you to design your own custom filters by cutting out silhouettes of your choice. " I think that's pretty cool and they aren't that expensive. Time to start my letter to Santa Claus and/or the birthday fairy.

That's it for this week's Wednesday Want List. Next week I'll be back with clothing and stuffs I promise. I know not everyone is into photography but hopefully you can appreciate my excitement if nothing else!

To my photographers: what's your favorite bag, strap or other accessory that other photographers might go "eh you don't really need that do you?" that you can't live without?

What's your favorite item from this week's WWL?
Do you have any of these accessories?

3 comments :

  1. I've wanted a Jo Totes camera bag forever! They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those camera bags are really cute! I don't care much about how my camera looks as long as it works. Although looking for accessories is still pretty fun.

    Ally @ http://thefittedframe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The camera bags are very awesome. I would also like to have one such bag for my camera. Now a days with the changes in fashion the camera bags are also available in different colors and combination. I would like to have floral design bags as I like floral design most.
    innocinema | oconnor tripod system

    ReplyDelete

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!