Make Up Monday: Review of Date Night Make Up

So Friday I had a date... and the Saturday before I had a date. I'm trying to have a life again. I'll blog about that later. Today it's my first official post since my hiatus and it's make up monday so we're going to post about make up. Not dating. Sorry.


This is the photo I posted on instagram. Still working on getting that camera. Two more "payments" a.k.a saving $250 from each pay check and I'll have it. Baby steps. But let's focus on me and my face for a second.

First off notice my eyebrows - I waxed them. And by I waxed them I mean I paid Tracey, the lovely lady at the nail salon I always go to, $10 to rid my face of my Frieda Kahlo eyebrows and give me those beauties.  I tried to do them myself with some home waxing kit I got at wal-mart. Do not buy the Salon Perfect No-Heat Wax. It does not work. The wax goes on, the sheets take the wax off but no hair goes with it. Waste of your $5.

I did, however, buy the eyebrow pencils and I used them here. I like them. It's only $3 and you get two pencils and I didn't have a problem. They also kind of act as a gel so if you have some wonky eyebrows then this will help you out.



Next up I tried a BB cream for the first time. I picked up Loreal's and I got it in medium. Awful thing about getting make up at Wal-Mart or Target is most times they don't have testers so I had no clue what I was in for. Let's just say I'm never buying foundation again and I'm just going to stick with a BB cream. First off I wasn't expecting what came out of the tube. LOL. It's white and has what looks like micro-beads in it. Those micro-beads are actually what holds the pigment and when you rub it on your face they change into a shade that matches your skin tone. So don't be put off if the BB cream only comes in 3 shades like Light, Medium and Dark as they change to blend with your skin tone. But I noticed smoother, more even skin tone and it has SPF and moisturizer in it so I am using less products in the morning. At night I take my make up off and put on a night moisturizer and then in the morning instead of washing my face, putting moisturizer and then concealer and then primer then foundation I just put the BB cream on and BOOM. I'm done.

The other things I am wearing here I have reviewed before. My foundation is from Sephora, my eye liner is GOSH, my lipstick (barely visible) is my Sephora lipstain.

So that's it for Make Up Monday. Starting out small. Coming up I have some lip tar to review and Kat Von D's Tattoo Concealer!  Oh and in case you were wondering the date went well. ;)

Are you glad I'm back?
Did you even notice I was gone?

1 comment :

  1. Looking pretty!
    And yes I did notice you were gone :p Glad to see you writing again.

    ReplyDelete

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!