Wednesday Want List: Jackets

Good Morrow my lovely readers! I have decided that I am cold this week even though I am in California and I have my A/C on because it's 77 degrees in my house. Yes, I know, so tragic while the rest of you freeze your butts off in subzero temperatures. But hey, why not have something pretty to look at?
Wednesday Want List: Winter Jackets

I mean, don't get me wrong I love that I can go out in shorts and a t-shirt, wear flip lops and not have my teeth chatter. But you know what I miss? Cuddling in jackets and struggling to get warm, cupping hot chocolate with floating marshmellows at the top to heat my hands. So I present to you, 6 jackets I wish I owned or could even get away with wearing in L.A while all of you get to actually, I don't know, wear a jacket?
  1. First up is a full length A-line Double Breasted Navy Blue Trench Coat that is absolutely stunning. My favorite part about this jacket? The belt at the waist and flare over the hips. It would be slimming on anyone and paired with brown knee boots and jeans it is casual. But throw it over a dress and it's exceptionally dressy. You know me, I like versatile.
  2. I'm not a big fan of brown. Kind of reminds me of poop. But this? If it's poop it is definitely the shit. Made by the Fashion God Alexander McQueen, it rings in at a whopping $4,225 (£2,575) and can be purchased at Harrods. Not that I'll ever have the money to buy it but if ever anyone would create a brown jacket I like it would be McQueen.
  3. If you didn't expect a black jacket to be in this you haven't been paying attention. You should know I love expensive things. But I've got Crystal taste on a tap water budget. This jacket is no exception. It's a lovely black wool jacket from Givenchy with toggle fastening. Gotta love those toggles. It also has a silver-tone curb chain trim at the waist to give it a more feminine shape. It's on sale for $2,689 from $3,361 at farfetch.com
  4. This lovely green coat from ModCloth, is titled The Importance of Being Forest Coat. Don't you just love their creative naming? It's one of my favorite things about ModCloth; those punny titles. This coat, slightly more reasonable but not reasonable enough to tempt me into purchasing it when there is no need for it in California but for you my lovely penguins, it's a steal at $153. The high neck will keep you super warm and look lovely behind your trendy scarves and it has the same feminine shape at the navy blue trench from above!
  5. Now, you had to see this coming. If you didn't you don't know me at all and I am offended. Black, studs, expensive? This to die for Burberry Brit Cotton & Leather Trench Coat with Studded Trim is a ridiculous $2,485 but it's oh so pretty. It's on my most-wanted-but-not-needed list, you know the one I send to Santa every year with my ridiculously priced fashion requests. I must have been naughty this year because I got nothing, not even coal for Christmas. Rude. Also, are you even paying attention to what Burberry is doing with their mens line? I watched the Burberry Prorsum Menswear Autumn/Winter 2014 show (you can watch it here) last week and if I had a boyfriend he'd be in nothing but those jackets. I can't wait to see the Spring/Summer '14 lines, especially the mens line because my future ex-husband is one of the main models (P.S he's the hottie blonde with the shades in the front row next to Tinie Tempah in the live stream I linked to)! YUMMY.
  6. This last one is really just a gas. I saw it and immediately was like "this is going on the collage!" It is titled the "JAWBREAKER MOULIN ROUGE VAMPIRE JACKET" and it is very vampire-like indeed. Could you imagine someone wearing this to keep warm in winter and not as a costume? I love the goth culture and know that there are people who do wear these things for everyday instead of just as a kind of "dress up" but it is definitely not practical to wear for warmth. It sure is pretty though and actually the most affordable jacket on here at $82.

That's it for this weeks WWL. Let me know if you have ideas for next time because I definitely could use them!

Where would you wear these jackets?
What would you pair them with?

No comments :

Post a Comment

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!