Make Up Monday: Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper

First Make Up Monday with the new format. EEEEEK! Just a little excited. If you have no clue what I am talking about you can read my previous Make Up Monday blog that explains what is going on. If you already read that, then let's continue.



First Impression: 
My first impression of this was based on the brand. I've tried lip gloss, lip stain and eye shadow by Kat Von D and I was not let down by those products. Plus the gal at Sephora said she was wearing it and it looked good on her. My first impression was "oh yeah this is going to be fantastic."





Ease of Use:
This is maybe the best feature of the eyeliner. It is so easy to use. The gradual point of the eyeliner makes it easy to draw thin lines or you have the option of making your eyeliner thicker. It really just depends on your taste or the occasion. It is also fabulous for making wings for that cat eye look that is always in style.





Price:
The price for this is $18 at Sephora. That's not too bad considering that her other products all fall in the same range. Sephora brands liquid eyeliner is $12 and the liquid black eyeliner from Mac is $17. So there are products that are similar out there that are cheaper.

Quantity:
The tip is instantly loaded with a lot of the actual eyeliner on it. However, I have found that from the very beginning I would need to go over my line once or twice after my initial application because for me, it was too thin, almost as thought it was at the end of the barrel. Even if I tip it down and shake it, you know so the liquid goes down into the tip like you would a pen. It didn't help.






Packaging:
The packaging is very simple and small. I love that it is a consistent shape unlike some of the others I have purchased in a liquid eyeliner. Sephora and Mac have little bulbous pots at the bottom. While it's not a big deal I feel like I can fit more stuff in my make up bag with this eyeliner not taking up a lot of space.





Would Re-Use:
I have been using it since I got it. I used it in my review of Yes To Tomatoes Make Up Removing Wipes and I also had it in my make up bag earlier this month. I like the ease of use and the packaging. My only complaint is that it is not very durable and though it is supposed to be waterproof it does tend to smudge after a long day. I will re-use this unless I fall in love with something else.

Recommend:
I highly recommend this for anyone who is wanting to try using liquid eyeliner for the first time. The only way to be able to master the art of using liquid eyeliner is to practice. With this eyeliner you can hold it like you would a pencil eyeliner and drag it across your eye in short strokes, taking care to not blink or blink in between "strokes" so that you don't end up with weird dots all along your eyes. Plus, one some of the other liquid liners when you pull the applicator out of the pot or use an eyeliner brush a lot of the liquid can get on there and that's what I think discourages people from using it because it ends up being ridiculously think in some spots or uneven on the eyes.

Overall Score:





That's it for this week's Make Up Monday. Next week there will be a hair tutorial. After all, hair goes with make up! Also if you buy anything I review because of the review, take a picture with it on and tag me on any social media. I'd love to see your photos! 

Based on what you've read will you try this product?
What do you think of the new Make Up Monday format? Thumbs up or Thumbs Down?

No comments :

Post a Comment

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!