Thrifty Thursday: Thrifting in Iowa

One thing that I love about Iowa? Antiques. They are everywhere and they have auctions all the time and you can find some really neat things. My Gram's cousin took us to Pappy's in Newton. I collect Fiesta dishes thanks to my Grams and so whenever I go into a thrift store I look for them. I got some bowls in a color that I didn't have before and that was awesome. Here are a few interesting things I found.

I never got a picture of the outside so I got this off Google
Picture from third level to second and then fourth level. Crazy!

These are all pencil sharpeners

What looks like the OG Holy Bible - LOL.

Handmade and handmade packaging - Lye Soap

Stay Puff
Cool pipes


I like old books



I don't think I would drink any of that beer if I were you!

Vinyl

My Grams insisted on a picture of the "speakeasy" next door.
After we left the thrifting area we HAD to go get some blue cheese from my grams favorite place. She special orders this stuff and has it sent to her because she won't eat anything else.

I guess that is it for my family reunion era posts! Time to get out there and take pictures of something original? Nah!

Do you like going thrifting?
Do you collect anything?

No comments :

Post a Comment

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!