Make Up Monday: My Top Five Make Up Tips

Sometimes I like to share things I've picked up along the way. Maybe you've heard of these and maybe you haven't but hopefully these will help one of you guys out and that's what counts right? I'm going to share my top five (not in order of course) make up tricks and tips that I've learned.

1. I sometimes get asked by my friends how to do things or how to make certain features stand out. I used to spend A LOT of time focused on my eyes as I was convinced they were my best feature. One of my favorite eye tricks is as follows. Dab a small amount of shimmery white eye shadow on the inside corner of your eyes. This will make them seem more open and make you seem more awake.


2.  As I've gotten older I've discovered that I like to wear lipstick to work and down play my eyes. As such I've ventured into the red lipstick wearing crowd. One huge tip I learned is when you are going to wear bright red or pink lipstick, apply the lipstick first then your blush so you don't end up looking clown-like.



3. When selecting a highlighter for your eye brow use light pink rather than white shimmer. Also make sure to spread it under your whole eye brow rather than just in the arch.



4. Don't have (INSERT COLOR) Eyeliner? Use a wet angled brush and dip it into an eye shadow that you'd like to use as eyeliner. Then use a setting spray when you're done. Instant custom-color eyeliner.



5. Apply Shimmery eye shadow in a matching shade over your lipstick for a highlight. Apply a matte eye shadow in a matching shade to make your lipstick matte.



That is it for today Make Up Monday. I hope you enjoyed it and be sure to let me know if you use any of the tips. If you have tips to share leave them in the comments!

What's your favorite trick you've learned for make up application?


No comments :

Post a Comment

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!