Make Up Monday: EOS Lip Balm

I have looked at and wanted to try the EOS Lip Balms ever since I first saw them in Target. Their weird egg-like ball shape has me captivated. Some lip balms come in tubes or in pots but these are round and unique. I really think that is my attraction to them aesthetically.
The EOS (which stands for evolution of smooth) lip balms are 100% natural and 95% organic lip balms. The flavor I have is pomegranate raspberry and comes in a dark pink to fushia ball (?). I like this one in particular because it has shea butter and jojoba (HO-HO like Santa not JOE-JOE). Pure shea butter considered to be high in vitamin/mineral content which is thought to benefit dry skin. Shea butter is one of the best moisturizing, anti-aging regenerating and protecting natural products in the world. It protects your skin from UV sunlight, harsh climate, dehydration, pollution damages and could be the best anti-aging agents for your skin.  I use it in my soaps as a moisturizer and even use it by itself for my own dry flaky skin sometimes. 

Jojoba oil is actually not oil but rather an array of wax esters and practically liquid gold right now (expensive). Moisturizes skin while providing a soft, silky feel. Thought to improve skin elasticity and and is actually the closest natural thing to the skin´s sebum and therefore it can penetrate deep into your skin. Jojoba oil is extremely beneficial for oily types of skin with acne, blackheads, heat rashes, seborrhea and other problematic skin conditions because it tricks the skin into producing less skin oil which clogs the pores. While this isn't exactly something you need to worry about on your lips, I use it as an ingredient in my soaps and thought I'd share my knowledge of what Jojoba can do. It's my favorite oil to use and because it replicates the natural oils in your skin it's pretty good to have on your lips.



It glides on nice and smooth and doesn't feel clumpy like other chapsticks can. It also doesn't taste terrible. Sometimes when you have something on your lips like lipstick or gloss or chapstick and you accidentally forget for a moment and lick your lips you are stuck with an awful taste in your mouth. While this isn't the most important quality to look for in a lipstick it is important to some people and actually does effect whether or not they are willing to purchase a lip product. If it's going to be close to your mouth and there is a chance that you might ingest some wouldn't you want it to be pleasant?

This is another reason that I like what is on the ingredient label. I want to know that even if it's a tiny bit, I'm to ingesting a bunch of harsh chemicals. Especially if it is something I like and use repeatedly. Eventually I might ingest enough for it to be harmful. These ingredients are actually not too far off what I put in my soaps. There's olive oil, beeswax (which means they are NOT vegan), coconut oil, jojoba oil, shea butter, "natural flavors"  (could really be anything), Stevia, Pomegranate oil, Raspberry leaf extract, Sunflower oil and tocopherol (preservative often used in food and cosmetics).
To top it off these are made in the U.S, certified organic, gluten free and is not tested on animals. Being a vegetarian it is important that if the product isn't vegan then the products must also not be tested on animals and if it is necessary to extract something from an animal that it be done in a positive and in a non-life-threatening manner.


I full enjoy the lip balm and believe I will continue to use it. After wearing it for a few weeks I feel the amount I have had to apply it has decreased and that it is actually healing my lips.


Have you tried EOS lip balm?  If you did, did you like it?
If you haven't, what brand do you use?

9 comments :

  1. HAPPP SITS DAY! My girls love EOS Lip Balm and after reading your review...I think they've made the right choice in using it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried them and I'm thinking they wouldn't slide comfortably into my pocket, which would be an issue! Right now I'm partial to Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in watermelon or rhubarb.

    Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Burts Bee's. I received a bunch as a gift. The orb (I decided just now that orb sounds better than egg-shaped ball LOL) won't fit into your pocket but I discovered in my image search that they do make a tube version of some of their chap sticks. I know they make vanilla bean but I'm unsure of the other scents and I have yet to find one in the stores. Maybe order it online?

      Delete
  3. I have been seeing these everywhere and wondering what the deal is. Thanks! PS Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love EOS balms...I think I'm obsessed with mine...and I want all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors and the shape - if nothing else, it'd be easier to find in y hug bag than chapstick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom just bought me two of these and I really like them. I appreciate that they are gluten free! And they smell great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to try out an EOS lip balm. I've seen them at a shop near me. Do you apply it like a chapstick? I used to use pot glosses and now the idea of sticking my finger in something repeatedly gives me the heebie-jeebies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ew, yes, especially since you most likely won't remember if you've washed your hands since touching money or door-knobs - ok I grossed myself out.

      The application is very simple, well, for me I just opened my mouth, closed my lips around the chapstick and twisted the little orb around until it covered all of my lips. There was nothing gooey or tacky about it which I liked. I actually couldn't really tell if I had any on until I rubbed my lips together. That for me was a bonus. Less product used every time means it will last longer.

      Delete

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!