Double Post Monday: Welcome my lovely SITStahs!

Today is my turn to be featured by the lovely SITS Girls community. The SITS Girls is a huge community of web bloggers (over 40,000 - wowza) that basically help drive traffic to your website in several different ways.  For one you can sign up to be featured (which is probably why you're here. I DID IT!). Another way is to comment on the featured blogger of the day post (then their blog too).
The SITS girls also help with tips on how to  - do basically everything blogging related. They can tell you how to build up your social media, give you tips on things you may or may not be doing right like displaying photographs in blog posts or setting up a commenting system. If they haven't created a tutorial for it yet you can also go into the forums and ask for help. The forums are another great way to drive traffic to your website. There's a niche for guest blogging as well as help with contests and giveaways and all sorts of stuff.

If you already know about SITS and are coming from there then I thank you very much for stopping by and I am hoping you will stick around for a bit. I know that they give you a little intro about me but honestly, there's far more to me than a 300 or even 1000 word summary could ever cover. I'm sure the same can be said about you. So for a start, head on over to the About Me page and get your fill of my silliness (it's in the pictures). I'll wait.


Now that you've learned entirely too much about me I will proceed to tell you a little about my blog. You see, when I am a good girl I post a blog on MWF. Not all the time but usually. When I'm a bad girl as I have been recently due to a multitude of excuses I post, eh, once a week. This is a new thing I'm trying to nip in the bud before it becomes a habit.


Mondays are devoted to my love of Make up and thus I have dubbed them Make Up Mondays! Those posts can be found under the tab "Make Up." I either buy or am sent (courtesy of whatever company - usually Influenster. See my post here) make up and I review it. I either love it or I hate it and I give my honest opinion on it and let you know whether or not I would buy it again and if I recommend it for you too.



Wednesday's are devoted to my absolute love for clothing and fashion. I call these posts my Wednesday Want List ( or WWL. Can you tell I'm a fan of alliteration yet?).  Those can be found under the "Fashion" tab. Basically I pick 6 things usually surrounding a theme (Blazers, Handbags, Shoes, ect) and make a Polyvore collage showcasing them. I write brief descriptions of what they are, why I like them, if I'd even consider buying them, where you can get them and usually the price tag.

I'd say that my Fridays are called Freebie Friday but that's misleading as I don't usually give things away for free every Friday and they aren't exactly a free-write as I'd like them to be but that's basically what they are. I'm free to write about whatever, even though that's also what Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday are for too.  Every now and then I'll write up a DIY, Food post, or some kind of rant and if it isn't dependent on a current event or time sensitive in any way I'll save it for Friday and post it then. Outfit posts when I do them (they are almost as rare as my DIY's these days) are usually on a Sunday or Saturday.

I also do a "Currently" post (Example) when I'm bored letting you know the obvious. My life is extremely boring these days without a room mate to complain about, a baby to fuss over and a job to supply an income with which I am able to do interesting things. So those are on hold until I can, you know, come up with a post that has some kind of sustenance.



My biggest hobby is making Soap. Seriously, I make it and it is pretty and it smells delicious.  I'm one of those people who burns through hobbies but I really love this one. So much so that I'm turning it into a business. It is small right now but I am hoping to grow it enough to where it can be a full time job.  I'm usually a nanny, personal assistant or receptionist and I really would just love to be my own boss and let my freak flag fly. I'm aware of how hard it is, how often small businesses fail and that being your own boss is more work than clocking in at a 9-5 and going home on Friday without having to think about work again until Monday morning. I've gotten all the lectures. I'm good.

What else? I use SHOUTY CAPITALS when I'm excited or stressing something. I don't know if I forgot that Blogger has the bold/underline/italic feature or if I'm just so used to using capitals on Twitter/Facebook/Texting to get my point across but it's imbued in me now.

Speaking of social media: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | G+

I also use parenthesis as some type of aside (but you caught that already didn't you?) and I tend to over use commas. If you read my about me you'll know that I write. Just so we are clear, how I write on my blog is very different from my professional or academic writing. You don't write how you talk do you? Well, I don't write how I blog. If that makes any sense.

For now I think that covers introductions, except well,

Who are you? 
Where did you come from? 
Would you like to be bloggy friends? (leave links!)

43 comments :

  1. Happy SITS day Sara!
    Make it memorable and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There! Happy SITS Day to you! I LOVE to use SHOUTY CAPITALS as well, my fingers can't resist the caps lock. Off to take a look around! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly just think it is easier! Social media and texting have made me me LAZY!

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Happy SITS Day! :) Enjoy all the fun comment love coming your way...it is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you, you seem like tons of fun! My blog is all over the place about different subjects also & I'm bad at keeping up w/ posting as much as I should. I'm visiting from SITS & would love to be bloggy friends :)

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara - Stopping by from SITS and love your personality. I'm Sevi and I actually just got back into blogging after taking a year break. I'm slowly trying to make myself into a Real Housewife of Dallas. Check me out at www.vodkamakesyouhappy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the name of your blog. Vodka makes me happy too. But then it also makes me sad emotional and worst of all sometimes it makes me sick! But those are tales for another day! ;)

      Thanks for stopping by. Can't wait to check out your blog.

      Delete
  6. Happy SITS day! Subscribing! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy SITS day! I hope your small business dreams come true, my mom has a small body product company and its super hard work, but she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Awesome blog! I am a new devotee!!
    check out my blog http://makingitfun.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sara! Congrats on your SITS Day! I am a mom of 3, living in the Midwest. My kids say I'm old and traditional. But back in my high school and college days, I sang and played keyboards in a band, was a local model for runway, hair and print and won a teen pageant!

    But, those days are over! You can visit my blog and see my links on Instagram, Pinterest and FB. Hope to see you in the blogosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy SITS Day to you!

    I think it's awesome that you make soap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy SITS Day! I hope it's a fabulous one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your SITS day. I hope it's a great day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy SITS Day!! Your soap looks fantastic!
    I would love to be bloggy friend :)
    http://heathershappenings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy SITS Day! Now you have me wanting to make so. I make my own lotion, so this only seems right :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making soap is a lot of work and a lot of details but if it wasn't for the hard part it wouldn't be so great. Lotion isn't too far off from soap so you'll be familiar with the ingredients and their benefits as well has have a lot of the tools needed to make soap. That was my biggest problem. I'm not a good chef so I had zero tools to make it. Once you get those the rest is downhill. ;)

      If you ever make some let me know and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. Congrats on your SITS Day! I love homemade soap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy SITS Day! :) I hope it's an amazing one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am popping in from SITS. I've also visited your About page. It's wonderful if you can be your own boss and make money doing what you love doing. I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

    Tina - American mom raising 4 kids in South Africa
    http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI Sara! Happy SITS day SITStah! My name is Joi & I'm a new blogger over at Rx Fitness Lady! Where did I come from, hum...SITS website, my momma's belly, Macon, GA..not sure what you were looking for:) Sure I'd love to be blog friends, your good girl weeks match my posting schedule, MWF:) Come on over and check it out once your SITS madness pipes down. Here is a popular post from last week http://rxfitnesslady.com/psa-2-the-flu-shot-is-not-making-you-sick/ Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Visiting from SITS! Congratulations on being featured! Your blog sounds like a ton of fun and that soap is so beautiful-it looks good enough to eat! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, although soap is made with a lot of food products I don't recommend eating it. :P

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  20. I love making soap too.... I'm Candi from Newfoundland and I just joined up with the Sits... Glad to have met you...
    http://laceysgarden.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candi, I'm glad you've just joined with the SITS girls. They are awesome and extremely supportive as you can see. Do you have a link so I can see some of your soap? I LOVE checking out other soapers and admiring their works of art.

      Delete
  21. Hi Sara! I'm stopping by from SITS! I love your themed weekday titles for your posts! I'll leave my follow back here, because I don't have any of the accounts below.:)
    http://caramelconversations.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely check out your blog once the turmoil that is Feature Day dies down.

      Delete
  22. Hi Sara,

    You have a very interesting blog here! Love that you make soap, I am obsessed with soap too, I have a good friend on Cape Cod who makes soap.

    Happy Sits Day!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cape Cod is beautiful. Do you make soap yourself or just your friend? Do you have links to their work? I love checking out other soapers.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  23. Hiya! Happy SITSday! I like the way your blog is organized, themes, then in the SITSday comments linking up with folks. You're one smart cookie, I can tell. Enjoy your day diva! I'm off to stalk you more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. Did you know you have my second favorite name and that it's also my mother's name? That means... you're awesome but something else, not sure. Must. Find. Out. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  24. Hi Sara. Congrats on your SITS Day. I have now followed you on both Facebook and Twitter. And hope you do the same!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that, thank you very much. Today I'm busy keeping up with the comments and once those puppies are done I'm heading out to check out blogs and social media.

      Delete
  25. Happy happy SITS day! I love that you make soaps! That's awesome. And I would never discourage you from turning that into a FT gig. DO WHAT YOU LOVE and you will never consider it work :) All the more power to you, girl. Hope you enjoy your day in the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to hear you are not one of those Debbie Downers! This is actually the first project my mom has supported me in. Typically she's the one going "yeah but..." and tries to blame her negativity on being realistic. But I do love it. It's creative, it makes me think, it's fun and it keeps me busy.

      Delete
  26. Hee, hee...I love that you stresses on how you write here and when you're writing professionally or for academic purposes. I wonder about that too when I'm writing in my blog. Because if people think that's how I actually write it's kinda sad. It never occurred to me to tell people on my blog though :)
    This blog is pretty cool. I would love to be bloggy friends.
    Happy SITS day!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm hooked and you're funny and cute. I want to learn how to make soap like you. LOL. Have fun on your SITS day while I check out your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You should check out farmers markets...there's a gal here who started selling her soap at Farmers Markets, built up a following then did well enough for a regular store. Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I actually have thought of that. My mom has sold at our local swap meet before and so I know that if I only go twice a year I won't need a vender permit from the city (it's really hard to get permits to wipe your nose in my town - so much politics). I want to wait for a few more things to fall into place but that is definitely one thing I intend on doing!

      Delete
  29. Aww I missed your SITS Day but I'm already a follower anyway. Still, I want to go check out the actual SITS post. My day is coming up soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm not a huge crafter but I have been crocheting scarves like mad since before Christmas. Now that I've given one to everyone I know I still can't seem to stop. I rationalize that it keeps me from snacking in the evenings. Anyone want a scarf? LOL

    ReplyDelete

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!