Make Up Monday: History Lesson

Recently I've become more of a history buff. I love learning and since researching my family history is heavily on my mind this holiday season I thought why not research the history of Make Up for Make Up Monday?

Here are some fun facts (?) about make up!
  • Egyptians thought being beautiful was how to get closer to the Gods
  • White powder was used to whiten up the complexion of the Chinese, Japanese and Greek women.
  • Cleopatra had her lipstick made from crushed cochineal insects, which gave a deep red pigment, and ants for a base. 
  • Around the 3000 BC, the Chinese invented nail polish.
Obviously none of these pictures are mine but here's some famous make up looks from the 1920's up until today:
1920's Make Up
1930's Make Up

1940's
1950's Make Up
1960's Make Up
1970's Make Up
1980's Make Up
1990's Make Up
2000's Make Up
Today
Crazy how styles for popular females from these time periods fluctuate and recycle. From conservative to radical and back again. Then depending on the scene (movie set, music video, award show, ect) how it changes. So insane.  That's it for this week's make up Monday. Enjoy.

What's your favorite time period for hair and make up?

No comments :

Post a Comment

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!