Wednesday Want List: Spring Break Bikini's

So quite possibly I hate you. Probably because you look better in a bikini than me, or because you have a spring break. Maybe it's a bit of both. I have decided since we are entering that era of time where women profess their hate for their bodies and their bodies in bathing suits to make a Wednesday Want List geared towards wanting the very things we love to hate. It is inevitable that sometime through out the next few months you will venture forth into the stores and procure one of these things. Might I offer from lovely pieces for you?
Wednesday Want List: Spring Break Bikini
Going from left to right we have:
  1. Blue Rhinestone Skull Bikini ($50 -$30 top $20 bottom from River Island) 
  2. True Love Bikini ($137 - $72 Top $65 Bottom from Betsey Johnson)
  3. Pink Marble Bikini ($48 - $24 Top $24 Bottom from River Island)
  4. My Swimsuit :) 
    • A combo of $18 top from Target & $30 bottoms from American Apparel, although the one's shown here are $20 & are from Topshop.
 Now, I have something for every budget and taste. Typically you'll spend $20-$50 on a swim suit. That's the cheapest you can get away with unless you scour the racks for clearance pieces half-way into winter. I do it all the time.  In fact I have two tops I got on clearance for $5-$9 that I wear with my bottoms. I also usually just end up buying a new top every year because I always buy black bottoms. I typically buy them either the shorts version or the high-waist beauties I have shown above.
As for taste, it depends on what you prefer. You can go strapless, or you can go halter and you can hide your stomach or show it off or do a bit of both. It is completely up to you but can I suggest some advice? Grab a copy of Seventeen magazine before you go shopping. Every year around this time they start publishing a guide on how to shop for your body type. Or you can run through these tips from Glamour.com on how to slim your hips, hide your tummy, control those big boobs, make it look like you have big boobs or combine all of these together! There's even nice before and after pictures and example's of "what to buy," which I think is a really nice touch.

Do you dread swimsuit shopping?
What type of swimsuit do you have?


SponsoredTweets referral badge

3 comments :

  1. OoooOOoooh I really like the pink marble one. The cut a little more than the textile but I also kind of dig it's tackiness.. does that make sense? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a wednesday want list. Mind if I use this idea and reference your blog at the end of my own Wednesday Want List posts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be absolutely awesome. Make sure to send me a link! Or perhaps you'd like to do a guest post for one sometime? E-mail me and let me know.

      Delete

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!