Wednesday Want List: Best Dresses

Ugh you guys, I dropped the ball - again! I truly got side tracked because I had a mess of things to do in the real world. I was supposed to take my grams to drop her car off at the body shop (she has a ding she wants to fix) and then take her out to dinner with her friend (driving Miss Daisy style). But last night was so awful I was literally coughing do hard I puked. Three times! My mom busted out a humidifier and that seemed to do the trick. It was weird, I was perfectly fine until I started to lay down. I mean, I even made soap yesterday (see post). So then when I call my grams this morning her friend who she was supposed to go out to dinner with got into a car accident. Apparently she's ok but her car got totaled out and she said she's so depressed she won't be good company and now wants to do it next week. So my whole day got derailed and you'd think that would leave me with enough time to get the WWL out but it didn't. So here it is, at 5pm. I suck, I know. Sorry guys.
Wednesday Want List: Best Dresses
So basically all I did was spend 5 minutes looking through the dresses. I'm sick man, cut me some slack. I watched Bridesmaids last night because I was up and coughing until 3 am. I thought maybe popping in a movie would help me fall asleep and I realized just how much my life parallels Kristen Wiigs character in that movie. Lost my job, moved in with my mom again, life is kinda shitty, broke as a joke. Seriously, that whole "Help me I'm poor" resonates with me. Especially right now. I kind of wish there was a Polyvore fairy though that randomly sent you items from your Polyvore's. Wouldn't that be amazing? Ya'll saw my b-day want list right? EVERYTHING FROM THAT PLEASE. LOL. Not to be discounted would be these dresses.
  1. Ok, cat dress? GENIUS. Who doesn't love cats? Ok, so not everyone is a cat person but whatever. I love unique cat-items like this dress. It's so ridiculous that it's cute and it's only $50 and the cat is wearing a damn bow-tie. For reals, someone order this for me.
  2. Floral will NEVER be out of style as far as I am concerned. I was in Joanns yesterday buying some inexpensive cloth to use as a back drop for my product photo's for my soap and I came across a floral fabric that was just like this dress and perfectly lovely and it broke my heart to see the price tag was $16.99 a yard. I had a 50% off coupon but honestly even that was too much. I ended up buying a quilters square piece and using the coupon on that. But when I saw this dress on Polyvore my heart sang and was like "you put that on there, do it, RIGHT NOW BITCH" and naturally, I listened. :) $32 at She Inside.
  3. I just love the shape of this dress. I love black and white together. It's so classic but still can be edgy. I love the neckline and the tear drop in the back. The only thing I'm not sold on is the sleeveless aspect but I think if it had sleeves it would ruin it. $24 Little Mistress.
  4. Every now and then I like to buy a dress for a "special occasion." It does not matter to me if there actually is one but I like to have a dress in my closet that I can use in case one appears. I have an addiction to shopping and to clothing you really can't say you didn't see that ridiculous reasoning coming. I need a dress to prepare for an event that may or may not come. Yeah, brilliant. This dress would be that dress. It's just fancy enough to be good for anything early spring might throw at me like a random wedding or I live in Los Angeles, maybe I'll go to an awards show! Anyways, it's also casual enough to wear on a date (that's more likely to happen). It's multi-purpose and you know I love my dual-duty fashion. It's $198 though from French Connection. Who knows of a knock off? I'm a girl with Cristal taste on a rain water budget. Can't even afford tap these days.
  5. This is more of my love for vintage style clothing and again black and white. This is just a really cute every day dress for me. Looks like something Zooey Deschanel might wear. Actually, I think she has worn something like this before. $36 Attitude Clothing
  6. Valentine's day is just around the corner as the end of January comes near. So who doesn't want an $80 dress from Topshop that has hearts on it? Also, Topshop is opening a store in L.A. I've applied but I don't think my little memo about "I WILL KILL MYSELF IF I DON'T GET THIS JOB" was received well. *sigh*

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I have some ADORABLE heart shaped bath bombs that you should treat yourself for sale in my webstore. They have little rose buds in them and smell like Lavender and Roses. It's a heady combo but oh so relaxing when you're in the bath. Perfect for you or for someone else for Valentine's.

Don't forget to come back on Friday (I have that one scheduled guys, I can't forget about it LOL) for a special giveaway announcement!

What's your favorite kind of dress or pattern?

8 comments :

  1. Am obsessed with number 5! Totally my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! I have no idea how to do the 'reply' feature on commenting-- really- I should not be allowed to be responsible for small people. But anyway.... I love #4 and #3 best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you figured it out ok. Technical difficulties, I understand. I think if I had to pick a favorite, just HAD to, it would be number 3.

      Delete
  3. I am absolutely in love with dress number 3. I'm a huge fan of black and white though, so that might explain it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love number 3 too, obviously. I just know I'd throw a cardigan and ruin the point of the back of the dress though. Thus why I wish it had sleeves.

      Delete
  4. Wow - I love all of those dresses.

    ReplyDelete

You want to comment? YAY! I love hearing what you have to say about my posts. I will try my hardest to respond to each and every one on here as well as on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for stopping by!